157 Condos for rent in Corte Madera, CA
- Corte Madera Accessible Apartments (1)
- Corte Madera Apartments with Balconies (9)
- Corte Madera Apartments with Garages (8)
- Corte Madera Apartments with Gyms (4)
- Corte Madera Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
- Corte Madera Apartments with Parking (9)
- Corte Madera Apartments with Pools (5)
- Corte Madera Apartments with Washer-Dryers (7)
- Corte Madera Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- Corte Madera Furnished Apartments (1)
- Corte Madera Pet Friendly Apartments (7)
- Larkspur Condos for Rent (1)
- Strawberry Condos for Rent (1)
- Mill Valley Condos for Rent (2)
- San Rafael Condos for Rent (7)
- Tiburon Condos for Rent (1)
- Sausalito Condos for Rent (3)
- San Anselmo Condos for Rent (1)
- Lucas Valley-Marinwood Condos for Rent (1)
- San Pablo Condos for Rent (1)
- Novato Condos for Rent (5)
In Spanish, the town's name means "chop wood," and comes from its heritage as a source for redwood lumber culled from the forests of Tamalpais which built much of San Francisco.
Set in green and lush Marin County, Corte Madera extends from the San Francisco Bay to Mt. Tamalpais. With about 9,000 residents, Corte Madera fits nicely with neighboring Larkspur, Mill Valley, Tiburon, and Strawberry. Desirable because of its natural beauty, wide range of local amenities, and access to San Francisco to the south and wine country to the north, Corte Madera is a great place to look for your next rental home. Encompassing four and a half square miles, including tidelands, the town is only 12 miles from San Francisco and enjoys considerably more sun than its peninsular neighbor to the south and more even than some of its Marin neighbors -- though if you need fog, just head for the hills, literally. As with most of coastal California, the area was originally part of a Mexican land grant, Ranch Corte Madera del Presidio, granted to John Reed in 1834 by Mexican Governor Jose Figueroa. Reed capitalized on the lumber industry and the town grew with the 1850 Gold Rush, arrival of the railroad, and development of ferry service into San Francisco. See more
Finding condos for rent in Corte Madera is almost no different than renting an apartment in a big complex. The real difference is the ownership. Condos are owned by individuals within the same building. However, apartments in a large complex are owned by a single landlord or property management group.
Sometimes the price of condos in Corte Madera may prove cheaper. The owners are often moving onto a new home or leaving the city and just need someone to cover the costs. Apartment complexes are designed to deal with tenant issues, make repairs, and care for the property. Condo owners will still deal with repairs and upkeep but may need more time to address a problem, especially if they don’t live nearby. However, condo owners have a more vested interest in the property and keeping their tenants happy to reduce turnover.
Choose the best condos for rent in Corte Madera that meet your wishlist for budget, amenities, and layout. You probably won’t notice the difference between the condos and apartments you tour.