3,745 Short-term Apartments for rent in Fairfax Station, VA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Fairfax Station Apartments with Balconies (4)
- Fairfax Station Apartments with Garages (2)
- Fairfax Station Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Fairfax Station Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Fairfax Station Apartments with Parking (4)
- Fairfax Station Apartments with Pools (1)
- Fairfax Station Apartments with Washer-Dryers (4)
- Fairfax Station Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Fairfax Station Pet Friendly Apartments (3)
- Burke Centre Short-term Apartments (1)
- Fairfax Short-term Apartments (18)
- Fair Oaks Short-term Apartments (2)
- Fair Lakes Short-term Apartments (1)
- Oakton Short-term Apartments (1)
- Manassas Park Short-term Apartments (1)
- Centreville Short-term Apartments (5)
- Lake Ridge Short-term Apartments (1)
- Merrifield Short-term Apartments (3)
- Vienna Short-term Apartments (2)
Fairfax Station, Virginia, originated in 1854 as an important railway station. Today, this charming historic town is a popular residential community, especially for people who work half an hour away in Washington, DC.
If Fairfax Station sounds more like a train depot than a town, that's because it originated as a railroad station in 1854, and, as such, played a pivotal part during the Civil War. Today, this historic town is as picturesque as an old MGM set, with buildings and streets that seem to come right out of an Andy Hardy movie. With a population of 12,030, Fairfax Station is just half an hour from Washington, DC and after just one look at this place you'll understand why so many city workers prefer to live here and commute to work. It's not all shady country lanes and horse farms: Fairfax Station is also home to mega companies such as international service company SI International and tech giant Sunlux Technologies. Thanks to this juxtaposition of 19th-century Americana and the 21st-century global community, you'll soon enjoy the best of both the past and the present. See more
Finding a short-term apartment in Fairfax Station takes some leg work to find the right location, price point, and lease terms. You may need to rent a short-term apartment due to a new job, a relationship change, or to explore a new city before committing to staying. Whatever the reason, short-term apartments can provide the flexibility that traditional leases don’t.
Before signing a rental agreement or short-term apartment lease, study all of the details thoroughly. Renters usually have more restrictions and rules to follow when renting a short-term apartment. For starters, you usually can’t make modifications like painting or hanging pictures.
Short-term apartments are ideal for flexibility, but also don’t protect the renter long-term. You could face the possibility of rent increases on a monthly basis. The landlord could also decline to renew your lease and leave you looking for another short-term rental.
If your main priority is flexibility, a short-term apartment is an ideal situation. However, ensure that you fully understand the rental agreement terms before signing.