710 Apartments for rent in Metuchen, NJ with Parking
- Metuchen Accessible Apartments (1)
- Metuchen Apartments with Balconies (1)
- Metuchen Apartments with Garages (1)
- Metuchen Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Metuchen Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Metuchen Apartments with Pools (1)
- Metuchen Apartments with Washer-Dryers (1)
- Metuchen Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Metuchen Pet Friendly Apartments (1)
- Fords Apartments with Parking (2)
- Iselin Apartments with Parking (1)
- South Plainfield Apartments with Parking (1)
- Colonia Apartments with Parking (1)
- Highland Park Apartments with Parking (2)
- Woodbridge Apartments with Parking (1)
- Sayreville Apartments with Parking (1)
- Plainfield Apartments with Parking (2)
- Perth Amboy Apartments with Parking (2)
- South River Apartments with Parking (1)
The name Metuchen was derived from the name of a Native American chief known as Matouchin, who lived between 1630 and 1700. The word "Metachen" or "Matouchin" either means "rolling hills" (foothills of the Watchung range) or "firewood" (dry firewood was supposedly abundant in the region).
Metuchen is a city in Middlesex County, New Jersey, and is a part of the New York Metropolitan area. Located at the heart of central New Jersey, it is often called as the borough. The borough also has a reputation as a prestigious place to live due to its modern suburban ideal of a small-town life where people can escape the fast pace of the city grew much popularity. It often captures the spirit of "Small Town USA" complete with its own Main Street stores for the residents daily services and parks for recreational activities. Its accessibility to New York City and New Brunswick enhanced that reputation even more because of the extreme accessibility of the transportation going in and out of those popular cities. A Main Street store is within the city to provide the daily services needed by the residents. Parks and sports complex type of facilities are also located within the city in order to provide recreational activities for the residents and attract non-residents into the city, as well. See more
Parking can be at a premium in some cities where spaces are challenging to find. Some Metuchen apartments offer parking options, either outside in a common area or within a private garage.
Ask about the stipulations around the parking. Those may include how many guests are allowed and where tenants park.
Some apartments may only allow parking in front of your own unit. Guest parking may be in a common area for up to one person.
If parking is scarce, look around the area before you sign a lease. Ample street parking in a neighborhood championed for its safety is probably fine. However, it’s probably not worth signing a lease if it means battling for daily parking for you and your guests.
Research whether you need a city permit to park in the neighborhood. Look into the associated costs and what to do about visitors who need parking.
Some tenants prefer garage parking near their units. However, an open-air lot may prove cheaper.
Keep in mind that the cost of wear and tear from parking outside can add up. It may be less expensive, in the long run, to look for an apartment with garage parking.