419 Apartments for rent in Derry, NH with Hardwood Floors
- Manchester Apartments with Hardwood Floors (19)
- Methuen Town Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
- Haverhill Apartments with Hardwood Floors (12)
- Lawrence Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Nashua Apartments with Hardwood Floors (8)
- Lowell Apartments with Hardwood Floors (15)
- Andover Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Tewksbury Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Wilmington Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Pinehurst Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
"I might say the core of all my writing was probably the five free years I had on the farm down the road a mile or two from Derry Village" -Robert Frost, poet
Derry is almost 37 square miles in area. More than two-thirds of the people live in the downtown center of town. Once Interstate 93 was built, just clipping the southern end of the town, this area also started building up, especially with condominium complexes for commuters. See more
Scoring an apartment with hardwood floors can be a big win for Derry renters. They`re typically a beautiful addition to your space. They’re also easier to clean and sweep, particularly if you have pets.
However, there are some downsides. Hardwood floors carry sounds. They can also make your apartment noisy for your roommates and downstairs neighbors.
Ask the landlord or property manager about the hardwood floors before signing a lease. Are they actually hardwood or a popular composite alternative? The latter is probably easier to clean and care for than the real thing.
It’s also important to ask about who’s responsible for any damage to the floors and what that entails. Your security deposit could take a hit from scratches, dents, and other damage.
Consider the type of climate you live in. Hardwood floors typically don’t fare well in damp climates full of moisture. Stains and buckling are common in hardwood floors after rain flooding or excessive moisture.
However, hardwood floors can be ideal for dry climates or sunny areas for renters who love the way they look.