1,083 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Lake Elmo, MN
- Lake Elmo Accessible Apartments (1)
- Lake Elmo Apartments with Balconies (3)
- Lake Elmo Apartments with Garages (4)
- Lake Elmo Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Lake Elmo Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Lake Elmo Apartments with Parking (4)
- Lake Elmo Apartments with Pools (1)
- Lake Elmo Apartments with Washer-Dryers (4)
- Lake Elmo Furnished Apartments (1)
- Lake Elmo Pet Friendly Apartments (3)
- Oakdale Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Woodbury Dog Friendly Apartments (20)
- Mahtomedi Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- North St. Paul Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Maplewood Dog Friendly Apartments (22)
- White Bear Lake Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Newport Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Hudson Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- South St. Paul Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Cottage Grove Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
What is today known as the city of Lake Elmo began as a single farm near -- you guessed it -- Lake Elmo. The original farmhouse, built in 1852, was intentionally burned down in 2007. Although many residents mourned the loss of this hallmark of Lake Elmo history, the community still retains the agricultural focus of its early days.
The eastern Twin Cities suburbs have experienced a great deal of growth in the last few years, with Woodbury and Stillwater proving particularly popular among new residents. In this era of unprecedented development, Lake Elmo stands alone as a charming throwback to the days before the Twin Cities suburban craze took hold. With a population of 8,069 as of 2010, Lake Elmo is home to several small farms, as well as a number of peaceful parks and surprisingly large swaths of open land. This is the dream city for anyone dreading the prospect of living in a conventional Twin Cities suburb. See more
Finding an apartment in Lake Elmo that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.