1,682 Apartments for rent in Hitchcock, TX with Gyms
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Hitchcock Accessible Apartments (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Balconies (2)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Garages (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Parking (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Pools (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Washer-Dryers (1)
- Hitchcock Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Hitchcock Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Galveston Apartments with Gyms (4)
- Texas City Apartments with Gyms (7)
- Dickinson Apartments with Gyms (2)
- League City Apartments with Gyms (20)
- Kemah Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Webster Apartments with Gyms (16)
- Nassau Bay Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Friendswood Apartments with Gyms (4)
- Seabrook Apartments with Gyms (4)
- La Porte Apartments with Gyms (2)
From a railroad station to vegetable shipping center, anti-aircraft training base and, more recently a place of living for employees at the Johnson Space Center, Hitchcock, TX, certainly has a history as rich and diverse as its community.
No, the name of Hitchcock, TX doesn't have anything to do with a certain famous English movie maker, but it sure was the setting for a couple of interesting ventures throughout the years. The city saw its first residents in 1873 when it was established as a railway station between Galveston and Houston. Around the turn of the 20th century it was a vegetable shipping center, but all kinds of critters invaded the produce and killed the economy until World War II when Camp Wallace and the Hitchcock Naval Air Station were established in the area. With the development of the Johnson Space Center only twenty minutes away, Hitchcock became a suburb of Galveston and experienced new growth. Seeing people on horses in Hitchcock is not uncommon - living here, you will experience plenty of cowboy-sightings, as the town has been hosting the Galveston County Fair and Rodeo since 1984. There are also plenty of other opportunities to meet locals, such as the Good Ole Days Parade in August and the Christmas Parade in December every year. See more
Apartment complexes with a gym offer a valuable amenity to Hitchcock renters looking to get fit and slash their gym membership. However, not all gyms are the same.
Make a list of your must-haves in a gym setting. Ask about the variety and age of any cardio machines. Also ask about any weight training equipment and free weights.
Consider the spaciousness of the workout area. Some apartment gyms are small. Those can create tension with tenants looking to squeeze in a workout before or after work.
If you enjoy circuit training, make sure there’s enough space to spread out and get in the workout you want.
Cleanliness is also crucial to an apartment gym experience. During your apartment tour, carefully inspect the fitness area to check for cleanliness and any extra perks. Also consider the potential savings if you can cancel a gym membership!
Towels, an attendant, flat-screen TVs, and a locked door for exclusive tenants access can all add value to your apartment gym experience.