255 Apartments for rent in Ronkonkoma, NY with Pools
- Ronkonkoma Apartments with Balconies (1)
- Ronkonkoma Apartments with Garages (1)
- Ronkonkoma Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Ronkonkoma Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Ronkonkoma Apartments with Parking (2)
- Ronkonkoma Apartments with Washer-Dryers (2)
- Ronkonkoma Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Ronkonkoma Pet Friendly Apartments (1)
- Nesconset Apartments with Pools (2)
- Centereach Apartments with Pools (1)
- Hauppauge Apartments with Pools (1)
- Patchogue Apartments with Pools (1)
- Port Jefferson Station Apartments with Pools (3)
- Fire Island Apartments with Pools (7)
- Coram Apartments with Pools (5)
- East Patchogue Apartments with Pools (2)
- Ocean Beach Apartments with Pools (22)
- Bellport Apartments with Pools (4)
"A car is useless in New York, essential everywhere else. The same with good manners." Mignon McLaughlin
Aside from having one of the hardest to pronounce names in New York (really, try saying that three times fast), Ronkonkoma --shortened to Ronk, to make it easier -- is also one of the furthest cities from what you'd think a New York town would look like. This town is located on the island of Long Island next door to Hicksville and home to Ronkonkoma Lake. This area was once known as a farming town in the mid 1800s, but in the 1900s the lake became a tourist attraction transforming the town from boring and stale to lively and fun. However, this area hasn't always been known as a place people would want to get to. In fact, most people were scared to step foot in Ronk, thanks to the mystery surrounding Lake Ronkonkoma. Legend has it that this lake is actually cursed and hell bent on taking a man to his early demise each year. Strangely enough, the locals don't seem to be bothered by this legend one bit, so they tempt the lake each day with laughter, fishing and fun in the sun. That proves that either the legend is a myth, or the lake only has a taste for a handsome stranger from out of town. See more
Finding apartments with a pool in Ronkonkoma means cooling off from the summer heat, get-togethers, and more exercise. However, there are a few things to consider before signing your next lease.
Ask the property management how long the pool is open each year. Is it seasonal? Does the pool have a heat pump to make it practical to swim beyond summertime? You should also inquire about pool rules, capacity, and if unattended children are permitted. The size of the pool also matters. An oversized apartment complex with a tiny pool could mean crowded summers and frustrations when trying to take a quick dip.
Finding apartments with a pool in Ronkonkoma could also drive up your rent, but may be worth the trade-off. Assess the overall amenities of the property. Apartments with a pool may look fantastic on the outside, but inside the kitchen could need an upgrade or the bedrooms could prove smaller than you want.
Once you find the apartment of your dreams, enjoy an afternoon swim and get to know your new neighbors.