249 Apartments for rent in Succasunna, NJ with Balconies
- Succasunna Apartments with Garages (1)
- Succasunna Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Succasunna Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Succasunna Apartments with Parking (1)
- Succasunna Apartments with Pools (1)
- Succasunna Apartments with Washer-Dryers (1)
- Succasunna Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Succasunna Pet Friendly Apartments (1)
- Mount Arlington Apartments with Balconies (3)
- Wharton Apartments with Balconies (2)
- Dover Apartments with Balconies (1)
- White Meadow Lake Apartments with Balconies (2)
- Hackettstown Apartments with Balconies (2)
- Morris Plains Apartments with Balconies (3)
- Morristown Apartments with Balconies (10)
- Basking Ridge Apartments with Balconies (15)
- Newton Apartments with Balconies (7)
- Parsippany-Troy Hills Apartments with Balconies (5)
Hoboken's got me stressed, I'm going to motor west / Out Succasunna way, Netcong or Rockaway -- From "Strange Names" by Steve Forbert
The name of Succasunna may be strange to Forbert's ears at least, but it originally comes from the Native American Lenni-Lenape word for black rock. Given that rich iron ore deposits have been located in this part of New Jersey, it seems that the census designated place, or CDP, is aptly named. An unincorporated community within Roxbury Township, Succasunna had a population of well over nine thousand inhabitants, as of the 2010 census. Roxbury Township lies on the eastern side of Morris County with Succasunna forming the southern section of it. The Morris Canal is an important part of the CDP's history. It is no longer in use, but it provided a much needed transportation link from the burgeoning iron industry in Succasunna, which dates back to as early as 1740. Now largely dismantled, the canal carried coal to iron ore regions all over the state. See more
Balconies are a coveted amenity for many renters looking for high-rise views and opportunities for fresh air. However, you should keep in mind that balconies often come with restrictions.
Before signing a lease, ask about how many people can be on the balcony at once. Also, ask about whether you’re allowed to store a bike or other items.
You’ll also want to know about any maintenance schedules. Using your balcony as storage could result in fines and intervention from your property management.
Keep in mind that not all balconies are created equally. You may discover the views of the parking area are less than optimal or reduce your overall privacy.
Balconies can also get messy with debris, foliage, dirt, and pollen depending on your location. Renters are typically responsible for any clean-up and basic balcony upkeep.
Regardless of the issues to keep in mind, balconies are usually a big win for Succasunna renters. Ask about apartments on higher floors for the best views.