103 Condos for rent in St. Clair Shores, MI
- St. Clair Shores Apartments with Balconies (9)
- St. Clair Shores Apartments with Garages (15)
- St. Clair Shores Apartments with Gyms (2)
- St. Clair Shores Apartments with Hardwood Floors (7)
- St. Clair Shores Apartments with Parking (24)
- St. Clair Shores Apartments with Pools (1)
- St. Clair Shores Apartments with Washer-Dryers (11)
- St. Clair Shores Dog Friendly Apartments (8)
- St. Clair Shores Furnished Apartments (1)
- St. Clair Shores Pet Friendly Apartments (8)
- Roseville Condos for Rent (7)
- Grosse Pointe Woods Condos for Rent (1)
- Fraser Condos for Rent (2)
- Mount Clemens Condos for Rent (1)
- Warren Condos for Rent (8)
- Sterling Heights Condos for Rent (17)
- Utica Condos for Rent (1)
- Hazel Park Condos for Rent (1)
- Madison Heights Condos for Rent (1)
- Detroit Condos for Rent (32)
When you think of Detroits music scene, you probably think of the Motown greats like Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross and the Supremes, and The Temptations. But did you know that St. Clair Shores claimed its own status as an extension of the Detroit scene, too? St. Clair Shores definitely had its heyday in the 1960s, but the remnants of its resort town beginnings are still all around.
St. Clair Shores is 19 miles away from downtown Detroit, but it lacks the gritty urban reality of the city. Once upon a time, this town on Lake St. Clair was part of Erin Township, which today includes not only St. Clair Shores, but also Roseville, Eastpointe and the Grosse Pointes. In the 1950s and 60s, St. Clair Shores used to be a hopping beach town, with people cruising in their cars and buying records at stores like Car City Records. There was even an amusement park called Jefferson Beach that existed until it burned down in 1955 and was converted to a marina. See more
Finding condos for rent in St. Clair Shores is almost no different than renting an apartment in a big complex. The real difference is the ownership. Condos are owned by individuals within the same building. However, apartments in a large complex are owned by a single landlord or property management group.
Sometimes the price of condos in St. Clair Shores may prove cheaper. The owners are often moving onto a new home or leaving the city and just need someone to cover the costs. Apartment complexes are designed to deal with tenant issues, make repairs, and care for the property. Condo owners will still deal with repairs and upkeep but may need more time to address a problem, especially if they don’t live nearby. However, condo owners have a more vested interest in the property and keeping their tenants happy to reduce turnover.
Choose the best condos for rent in St. Clair Shores that meet your wishlist for budget, amenities, and layout. You probably won’t notice the difference between the condos and apartments you tour.