548 Short-term Apartments for rent in Grimes, IA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Grimes Accessible Apartments (3)
- Grimes Apartments with Balconies (7)
- Grimes Apartments with Garages (9)
- Grimes Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Grimes Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Grimes Apartments with Parking (9)
- Grimes Apartments with Pools (1)
- Grimes Apartments with Washer-Dryers (6)
- Grimes Dog Friendly Apartments (12)
- Grimes Furnished Apartments (1)
- Grimes Pet Friendly Apartments (12)
- Urbandale Short-term Apartments (3)
- Johnston Short-term Apartments (5)
- Waukee Short-term Apartments (4)
- West Des Moines Short-term Apartments (5)
- Ankeny Short-term Apartments (4)
- Des Moines Short-term Apartments (22)
- Pleasant Hill Short-term Apartments (2)
- Altoona Short-term Apartments (2)
- Bondurant Short-term Apartments (2)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for a short-term apartment in Grimes?
How many short-term apartments are available for rent in Grimes?
Grimes, IA is actually named after a person. The city was started in 1894, and it was named after James W. Grimes, a former senator and the third ever governor of Iowa.
Grimes, IA is a suburban enclave of Des Moines, IA. Located to the northwest of town, Grimes and Des Moines are easily linked by Interstate-35. Most people who live in Grimes are commuters. They travel the 17 miles into the heart of downtown Des Moines regularly for work and play. Commuting is popular; in fact, there are multiple buses that will get you between the two places. However, just because people commute regularly doesn't mean there's a shortage of amenities or things to do in Grimes. In fact, Grimes is a lovely little rural town with a bounty of shops, restaurants, parks and more. If you live in Grimes, you can get into Des Moines whenever you want. You may not always want to, though, because you'll have a whole host of suburban amenities right at your fingertips. See more
Finding a short-term apartment in Grimes takes some leg work to find the right location, price point, and lease terms. You may need to rent a short-term apartment due to a new job, a relationship change, or to explore a new city before committing to staying. Whatever the reason, short-term apartments can provide the flexibility that traditional leases don’t.
Before signing a rental agreement or short-term apartment lease, study all of the details thoroughly. Renters usually have more restrictions and rules to follow when renting a short-term apartment. For starters, you usually can’t make modifications like painting or hanging pictures.
Short-term apartments are ideal for flexibility, but also don’t protect the renter long-term. You could face the possibility of rent increases on a monthly basis. The landlord could also decline to renew your lease and leave you looking for another short-term rental.
If your main priority is flexibility, a short-term apartment is an ideal situation. However, ensure that you fully understand the rental agreement terms before signing.