129 1 Bedroom Apartments for Rent in South Houston, TX
- Pet Friendly 1 Bedroom Apartments in South Houston (1)
- South Houston Accessible Apartments (1)
- South Houston Apartments with Balconies (2)
- South Houston Apartments with Gyms (1)
- South Houston Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- South Houston Apartments with Parking (2)
- South Houston Apartments with Pools (1)
- South Houston Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- South Houston Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Pasadena 1 Bedroom Apartments (17)
- Deer Park 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Pearland 1 Bedroom Apartments (15)
- Friendswood 1 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- Webster 1 Bedroom Apartments (12)
- Channelview 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- La Porte 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Nassau Bay 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Houston 1 Bedroom Apartments (649)
- League City 1 Bedroom Apartments (17)
South Houston is one of the best places to grab a good read this side of the Mississippi. The South Houston Library is one of the most well-regarded libraries in the state. Good news for all of us bookworms out there.
South Houston is a Texas city in the Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land Metropolitan area of Harris County. Trying saying that one threes times fast! The population is just about 17,000 people strong and it is bordered by both the City of Pasadena and the City of Houston. As far as size goes, South Houston has an area of about five miles total and does not have any bodies of water within it naturally (sorry swimmers). South Houston is also a town rich in history and culture, perfect for those who want to live somewhere with an interesting past. The area was originally called Dumont back in 1907. Soon Dumont was incorporated and called the City of South Houston. Things started to grow rapidly -- a post office was built, many family stores were established, the Henderson Railroad came through, as did the Houston Ship Channel nearby. South Houston survived hurricanes and other obstacles, pushing through a rocky beginning to become a peaceful, pleasant, and industrious city that is still living happily and harmoniously today. See more
Looking for 1 bedroom apartments in South Houston offers a variety of choices and price points. 1 bedroom apartments allow more privacy than living with a roommate, and gives you more flexibility to find the perfect space for yourself or with a significant other.
There are a few things to consider when touring 1 bedroom apartments, including the square footage and layout. In some cities, small 1 bedroom apartments may cost nearly the same as a studio apartment. Decide whether cost, amenities, or location are the most important to help guide your apartment search.
If cost is a factor while searching for 1 bedroom apartments in South Houston, consider which floor you will live on. The bottom floor is often cheaper than top floor units, or there may be a unit with undesirable views or with an outdated kitchen that rents for less.
Remember to come prepared during your apartment hunt with pay stubs, a letter of employment or recommendation, identification, and a checkbook to act quickly. The best 1 bedroom apartments require fast action, so come ready to sign.