991 Short-term Apartments for rent in Hitchcock, TX
- Hitchcock Accessible Apartments (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Balconies (2)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Garages (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Parking (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Pools (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Washer-Dryers (1)
- Hitchcock Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Hitchcock Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Galveston Short-term Apartments (5)
- Texas City Short-term Apartments (2)
- Dickinson Short-term Apartments (1)
- League City Short-term Apartments (15)
- Kemah Short-term Apartments (1)
- Webster Short-term Apartments (7)
- Nassau Bay Short-term Apartments (1)
- Alvin Short-term Apartments (6)
- Friendswood Short-term Apartments (2)
- Seabrook Short-term Apartments (2)
From a railroad station to vegetable shipping center, anti-aircraft training base and, more recently a place of living for employees at the Johnson Space Center, Hitchcock, TX, certainly has a history as rich and diverse as its community.
No, the name of Hitchcock, TX doesn't have anything to do with a certain famous English movie maker, but it sure was the setting for a couple of interesting ventures throughout the years. The city saw its first residents in 1873 when it was established as a railway station between Galveston and Houston. Around the turn of the 20th century it was a vegetable shipping center, but all kinds of critters invaded the produce and killed the economy until World War II when Camp Wallace and the Hitchcock Naval Air Station were established in the area. With the development of the Johnson Space Center only twenty minutes away, Hitchcock became a suburb of Galveston and experienced new growth. Seeing people on horses in Hitchcock is not uncommon - living here, you will experience plenty of cowboy-sightings, as the town has been hosting the Galveston County Fair and Rodeo since 1984. There are also plenty of other opportunities to meet locals, such as the Good Ole Days Parade in August and the Christmas Parade in December every year. See more
Finding a short-term apartment in Hitchcock takes some leg work to find the right location, price point, and lease terms. You may need to rent a short-term apartment due to a new job, a relationship change, or to explore a new city before committing to staying. Whatever the reason, short-term apartments can provide the flexibility that traditional leases don’t.
Before signing a rental agreement or short-term apartment lease, study all of the details thoroughly. Renters usually have more restrictions and rules to follow when renting a short-term apartment. For starters, you usually can’t make modifications like painting or hanging pictures.
Short-term apartments are ideal for flexibility, but also don’t protect the renter long-term. You could face the possibility of rent increases on a monthly basis. The landlord could also decline to renew your lease and leave you looking for another short-term rental.
If your main priority is flexibility, a short-term apartment is an ideal situation. However, ensure that you fully understand the rental agreement terms before signing.