Boulder, CO Rental Market Trends
Boulder Rent Report: December 2022
Welcome to the Apartment List December 2022 Rent Report for Boulder, CO. Currently, the overall median rent in the city stands at $1,820, after falling 0.8% last month. Prices remain up 4.3% year-over-year. Read on to learn more about what’s been happening in the Boulder rental market and how it compares to trends throughout the nation as a whole.
Boulder rents are down 0.8% month-over-month and up 4.3% year-over-year
The median rent in Boulder fell by 0.8% over the course of November, and has now increased by a total of 4.3% over the past 12 months. Boulder’s rent growth over the past year has is similar to both the state (3.7%) and national averages (4.6%).
Boulder rent growth in 2022 pacing below last year
Eleven months into the year, rents in Boulder have risen 1.6%. This is a slower rate of growth compared to what the city was experiencing at this point last year: from January to November 2021 rents had increased 17.7%.
Apartment List is committed to the accuracy and transparency of our rent estimates. We begin with reliable median rent statistics from the Census Bureau, then extrapolate them forward to the current month using a growth rate calculated from our listing data. In doing so, we use a same-unit analysis similar to Case-Shiller’s approach, capturing apartment transactions over time to provide an accurate picture of rent growth in cities across the country. Our approach corrects for the sample bias inherent in other private sources, producing results that are much closer to statistics published by the Census Bureau and HUD. For more details, please see the Apartment List Rent Estimate Methodology.
Apartment List publishes monthly rent reports and underlying data for hundreds of cities across the nation, as well as data aggregated for counties, metros, and states. These data are intended to be a source of reliable information that help renters and policymakers make sound decisions. Insights from our data are covered regularly by journalists across the country. To access the data yourself, please visit our Data Downloads Page.
Top rent specials in Boulder
Cities similar to Boulder
- Boulder Accessible Apartments (11)
- Boulder Apartments with Balconies (86)
- Boulder Apartments with Garages (64)
- Boulder Apartments with Gyms (22)
- Boulder Apartments with Hardwood Floors (64)
- Boulder Apartments with Parking (109)
- Boulder Apartments with Pools (35)
- Boulder Apartments with Washer-Dryers (84)
- Boulder Dog Friendly Apartments (80)
- Boulder Furnished Apartments (21)
- Boulder Luxury Apartments (116)
- Boulder Pet Friendly Apartments (83)
- Gunbarrel, CO Apartments (3)
- Niwot, CO Apartments (3)
- Louisville, CO Apartments (11)
- Superior, CO Apartments (6)
- Lafayette, CO Apartments (10)
- Longmont, CO Apartments (56)
- Erie, CO Apartments (14)
- Broomfield, CO Apartments (55)
- Arvada, CO Apartments (62)
- Westminster, CO Apartments (61)
- Shaw Heights, CO Apartments (3)
- Federal Heights, CO Apartments (1)
- Golden, CO Apartments (19)
- Wheat Ridge, CO Apartments (26)
- Frederick, CO Apartments (4)
- Northglenn, CO Apartments (24)