870 Apartments for rent in Watchung, NJ with Parking
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Watchung Accessible Apartments (1)
- Watchung Apartments with Balconies (3)
- Watchung Apartments with Garages (2)
- Watchung Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Watchung Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Watchung Apartments with Pools (1)
- Watchung Apartments with Washer-Dryers (2)
- Watchung Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Watchung Pet Friendly Apartments (1)
- Plainfield Apartments with Parking (3)
- Fanwood Apartments with Parking (2)
- Dunellen Apartments with Parking (2)
- New Providence Apartments with Parking (3)
- South Plainfield Apartments with Parking (5)
- Mountainside Apartments with Parking (1)
- Westfield Apartments with Parking (4)
- Piscataway Apartments with Parking (12)
- Summit Apartments with Parking (12)
- Chatham Apartments with Parking (6)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with parking in Watchung?
How many apartments with parking are available for rent in Watchung?
The Legend of Watchung, New Jersey, rivals more famous accounts of the events around Jamestown between Captain John Smith and Pocahontas. Like that story, an intervening princess saved the day in what would become Watchung.
The name comes from a tribe of Lenni-Lenape Native Americans who inhabited the area and allowed Dutch settlers to live in the valley after the events in the legend. It's a narrow valley with Plainfield, New Jersey, on its right and Interstate 75 on its left. Watchung Lake lies virtually in the middle of the borough and sets the tone for the rest of the community. Almost 6,000 people live here, but it's part of a much larger metropolitan area that effectively extends all the way to greater New York City. Something you will notice right away is the lower population density here. The lots are generally larger than in neighboring towns and cities. See more
Parking can be at a premium in some cities where spaces are challenging to find. Some Watchung apartments offer parking options, either outside in a common area or within a private garage.
Ask about the stipulations around the parking. Those may include how many guests are allowed and where tenants park.
Some apartments may only allow parking in front of your own unit. Guest parking may be in a common area for up to one person.
If parking is scarce, look around the area before you sign a lease. Ample street parking in a neighborhood championed for its safety is probably fine. However, it’s probably not worth signing a lease if it means battling for daily parking for you and your guests.
Research whether you need a city permit to park in the neighborhood. Look into the associated costs and what to do about visitors who need parking.
Some tenants prefer garage parking near their units. However, an open-air lot may prove cheaper.
Keep in mind that the cost of wear and tear from parking outside can add up. It may be less expensive, in the long run, to look for an apartment with garage parking.