5,792 Short-term Apartments for rent in South Houston, TX
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- South Houston Accessible Apartments (1)
- South Houston Apartments with Balconies (1)
- South Houston Apartments with Gyms (1)
- South Houston Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- South Houston Apartments with Parking (2)
- South Houston Apartments with Pools (1)
- South Houston Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- South Houston Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Pasadena Short-term Apartments (17)
- Deer Park Short-term Apartments (2)
- Pearland Short-term Apartments (12)
- Friendswood Short-term Apartments (2)
- Webster Short-term Apartments (9)
- La Porte Short-term Apartments (1)
- Nassau Bay Short-term Apartments (2)
- Houston Short-term Apartments (475)
- League City Short-term Apartments (18)
- Seabrook Short-term Apartments (2)
South Houston is one of the best places to grab a good read this side of the Mississippi. The South Houston Library is one of the most well-regarded libraries in the state. Good news for all of us bookworms out there.
South Houston is a Texas city in the Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land Metropolitan area of Harris County. Trying saying that one threes times fast! The population is just about 17,000 people strong and it is bordered by both the City of Pasadena and the City of Houston. As far as size goes, South Houston has an area of about five miles total and does not have any bodies of water within it naturally (sorry swimmers). South Houston is also a town rich in history and culture, perfect for those who want to live somewhere with an interesting past. The area was originally called Dumont back in 1907. Soon Dumont was incorporated and called the City of South Houston. Things started to grow rapidly -- a post office was built, many family stores were established, the Henderson Railroad came through, as did the Houston Ship Channel nearby. South Houston survived hurricanes and other obstacles, pushing through a rocky beginning to become a peaceful, pleasant, and industrious city that is still living happily and harmoniously today. See more
Finding a short-term apartment in South Houston takes some leg work to find the right location, price point, and lease terms. You may need to rent a short-term apartment due to a new job, a relationship change, or to explore a new city before committing to staying. Whatever the reason, short-term apartments can provide the flexibility that traditional leases don’t.
Before signing a rental agreement or short-term apartment lease, study all of the details thoroughly. Renters usually have more restrictions and rules to follow when renting a short-term apartment. For starters, you usually can’t make modifications like painting or hanging pictures.
Short-term apartments are ideal for flexibility, but also don’t protect the renter long-term. You could face the possibility of rent increases on a monthly basis. The landlord could also decline to renew your lease and leave you looking for another short-term rental.
If your main priority is flexibility, a short-term apartment is an ideal situation. However, ensure that you fully understand the rental agreement terms before signing.