403 Apartments for rent in Somerville, NJ with Balconies
- Somerville Apartments with Garages (3)
- Somerville Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Somerville Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Somerville Apartments with Parking (5)
- Somerville Apartments with Pools (2)
- Somerville Apartments with Washer-Dryers (1)
- Somerville Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Somerville Pet Friendly Apartments (3)
- Somerset Apartments with Balconies (7)
- Dunellen Apartments with Balconies (2)
- Voorhees Apartments with Balconies (2)
- Piscataway Apartments with Balconies (4)
- Kendall Park Apartments with Balconies (1)
- North Brunswick Apartments with Balconies (9)
- New Brunswick Apartments with Balconies (6)
- Watchung Apartments with Balconies (1)
- Kingston Apartments with Balconies (1)
- Highland Park Apartments with Balconies (5)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with a balcony in Somerville?
How many apartments with balconies are available for rent in Somerville?
In 1999, Somerville was pretty badly ravaged by Hurricane Floyd, which poured down nearly 14 inches of rain over three days and caused significant damage and severe flooding across the borough. But it's all good in Somerville now.
Of course, the people of Somerville didn't let a mere hurricane stop them from rebuilding what was lost and making the borough what it is today. Thankfully, most of the historic buildings in the downtown area were saved, many of which have now been turned into quaint boutique stores. There are 12,098 people living in Somerville, according to the 2010 census, spread between about 4,500 properties. The borough lies roughly 30 miles from Manhattan to the east, and a lot of the local people commute to the big city for work and play. See more
Balconies are a coveted amenity for many renters looking for high-rise views and opportunities for fresh air. However, you should keep in mind that balconies often come with restrictions.
Before signing a lease, ask about how many people can be on the balcony at once. Also, ask about whether you’re allowed to store a bike or other items.
You’ll also want to know about any maintenance schedules. Using your balcony as storage could result in fines and intervention from your property management.
Keep in mind that not all balconies are created equally. You may discover the views of the parking area are less than optimal or reduce your overall privacy.
Balconies can also get messy with debris, foliage, dirt, and pollen depending on your location. Renters are typically responsible for any clean-up and basic balcony upkeep.
Regardless of the issues to keep in mind, balconies are usually a big win for Somerville renters. Ask about apartments on higher floors for the best views.