792 Accessible Apartments for rent in Kernersville, NC
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Kernersville Apartments with Balconies (9)
- Kernersville Apartments with Garages (1)
- Kernersville Apartments with Gyms (3)
- Kernersville Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Kernersville Apartments with Parking (8)
- Kernersville Apartments with Pools (2)
- Kernersville Apartments with Washer-Dryers (6)
- Kernersville Dog Friendly Apartments (9)
- Kernersville Furnished Apartments (2)
- Kernersville Pet Friendly Apartments (9)
- High Point Accessible Apartments (7)
- Winston-Salem Accessible Apartments (27)
- Greensboro Accessible Apartments (14)
- Burlington Accessible Apartments (5)
- Graham Accessible Apartments (1)
- Mebane Accessible Apartments (5)
- Kannapolis Accessible Apartments (2)
- Concord Accessible Apartments (13)
- Mooresville Accessible Apartments (15)
- Davidson Accessible Apartments (2)
People travel from all over to walk through Kernersville's Korner's Folly, the personal home of the grandson of the town's founder. Because the home was built piecemeal over several years, the home is a maze of different ceiling heights on seven levels. More than a dozen fireplaces fill the 22 rooms of the home.
Just nine miles east of Winston-Salem, Kernersville is perfectly situated within the Piedmont Triad metro of Greensboro-High Point-Winston-Salem. Its tobacco farming history is still an integral part of its present, although the town has kept up with the times with plenty of retail, restaurants and infrastructure to keep its residents happy and content without having to drive up the road to the bigger cities on either side. Town founder Joseph Kerner bought the land in 1817 and named it Kerners Crossroads. When it was incorporated in 1873, the name was changed to Kernersville. The town has seen several presidents pass through, starting with George Washington, who enjoyed breakfast at Dobson's Tavern. About 200 years later, another George -- George W. Bush -- gave a speech on economy at the Deere-Hitachi plant. Just a few years after that speech, Bill Clinton gave another speech at a local high school while on his wife's presidential campaign trail. See more
There are plenty of options for wheelchair accessible apartments in Kernersville with the right research and approach. Get started by choosing the accessible option in your profile on Apartment List for quick results.
Stay focused on the location and amenities you need that will empower your life and make day-to-day living easier. The neighborhood you move to should offer ample wheelchair accessible parking, public transportation, dining, and entertainment options to fit your lifestyle.
Take your time and ask plenty of questions when touring wheelchair accessible apartments in Kernersville. Look for features like wide doorways, elevators, entrance ramps, and accessible sinks with lower countertops. Front-loading washer and dryers are also important, as well as hardwood floors that makes using a wheelchair easier. Ask if there are any plans for future renovations that may increase, or decrease, the accessibility of the apartment. Ask about handicap parking spaces and explain your rights to make reasonable modifications to your space.