1,063 Apartments for rent in Dobbs Ferry, NY with Hardwood Floors
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Dobbs Ferry Accessible Apartments (1)
- Dobbs Ferry Apartments with Balconies (3)
- Dobbs Ferry Apartments with Garages (1)
- Dobbs Ferry Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Dobbs Ferry Apartments with Parking (9)
- Dobbs Ferry Apartments with Pools (2)
- Dobbs Ferry Apartments with Washer-Dryers (5)
- Dobbs Ferry Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Dobbs Ferry Pet Friendly Apartments (4)
- Hastings-on-Hudson Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Tarrytown Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Yonkers Apartments with Hardwood Floors (31)
- Hartsdale Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Elmsford Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Tuckahoe Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- South Nyack Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Northvale Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Sleepy Hollow Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Bronxville Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with hardwood floors in Dobbs Ferry?
How many apartments with hardwood floors are available for rent in Dobbs Ferry?
Dobbs Ferry played a key role in the American Revolutionary War. The village's namesake, Captain William H. Dobbs worked with General George Washington (some historical figure you may have heard of) to ferry troops around the area north of New York City and spy on the British.
Dobbs Ferry is part of the town of Greenburgh, but exists as an independent village with its own mayor. It sits along the banks of the Hudson River, with the narrow Saw Mill River forming its eastern border. Midtown Manhattan is less than 20 miles away by heading down highway NY-9A, which will take you 30 minutes or three days, depending on traffic. There were 10,875 people living here as of the 2010 census, and though Dobbs Ferry is mostly residential, many yards are small, and almost every acre has been developed, giving the village a dense population. This is Mark Zuckerberg's hometown, so if you're having trouble getting Facebook chat to work, feel free to go to his parents' house and complain. See more
Scoring an apartment with hardwood floors can be a big win for Dobbs Ferry renters. They`re typically a beautiful addition to your space. They’re also easier to clean and sweep, particularly if you have pets.
However, there are some downsides. Hardwood floors carry sounds. They can also make your apartment noisy for your roommates and downstairs neighbors.
Ask the landlord or property manager about the hardwood floors before signing a lease. Are they actually hardwood or a popular composite alternative? The latter is probably easier to clean and care for than the real thing.
It’s also important to ask about who’s responsible for any damage to the floors and what that entails. Your security deposit could take a hit from scratches, dents, and other damage.
Consider the type of climate you live in. Hardwood floors typically don’t fare well in damp climates full of moisture. Stains and buckling are common in hardwood floors after rain flooding or excessive moisture.
However, hardwood floors can be ideal for dry climates or sunny areas for renters who love the way they look.