1,703 Apartments for rent in Hitchcock, TX with Hardwood Floors
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Hitchcock Accessible Apartments (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Balconies (2)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Garages (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Parking (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Pools (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Washer-Dryers (1)
- Hitchcock Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Hitchcock Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Galveston Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Texas City Apartments with Hardwood Floors (7)
- Dickinson Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- League City Apartments with Hardwood Floors (14)
- Kemah Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Webster Apartments with Hardwood Floors (16)
- Nassau Bay Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Alvin Apartments with Hardwood Floors (7)
- Friendswood Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
- Seabrook Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
From a railroad station to vegetable shipping center, anti-aircraft training base and, more recently a place of living for employees at the Johnson Space Center, Hitchcock, TX, certainly has a history as rich and diverse as its community.
No, the name of Hitchcock, TX doesn't have anything to do with a certain famous English movie maker, but it sure was the setting for a couple of interesting ventures throughout the years. The city saw its first residents in 1873 when it was established as a railway station between Galveston and Houston. Around the turn of the 20th century it was a vegetable shipping center, but all kinds of critters invaded the produce and killed the economy until World War II when Camp Wallace and the Hitchcock Naval Air Station were established in the area. With the development of the Johnson Space Center only twenty minutes away, Hitchcock became a suburb of Galveston and experienced new growth. Seeing people on horses in Hitchcock is not uncommon - living here, you will experience plenty of cowboy-sightings, as the town has been hosting the Galveston County Fair and Rodeo since 1984. There are also plenty of other opportunities to meet locals, such as the Good Ole Days Parade in August and the Christmas Parade in December every year. See more
Scoring an apartment with hardwood floors can be a big win for Hitchcock renters. They`re typically a beautiful addition to your space. They’re also easier to clean and sweep, particularly if you have pets.
However, there are some downsides. Hardwood floors carry sounds. They can also make your apartment noisy for your roommates and downstairs neighbors.
Ask the landlord or property manager about the hardwood floors before signing a lease. Are they actually hardwood or a popular composite alternative? The latter is probably easier to clean and care for than the real thing.
It’s also important to ask about who’s responsible for any damage to the floors and what that entails. Your security deposit could take a hit from scratches, dents, and other damage.
Consider the type of climate you live in. Hardwood floors typically don’t fare well in damp climates full of moisture. Stains and buckling are common in hardwood floors after rain flooding or excessive moisture.
However, hardwood floors can be ideal for dry climates or sunny areas for renters who love the way they look.